RE: [Clip] Re: Find dialog problems

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
      I thought of that, but then I went through several shipped clip libararies, and they are all marked UTF-8. It doesn't
      appear to be anything IN my library, it is just marking all libraries as UTF-8.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
        Eric Fookes wrote:
        > the Clip editor is because it is marked to save extended
        > ANSI characters in UTF-8 format (e.g. diacritic characters).

        How can I see that setting? I know there are some UTF-8 in my clipbook
        in e.g.

        ^!Replace "¡ã" >> "°" WASTI

        (it corrects text pasted from journals' PDFs) but I never had John's
        problem, in my find. The status line only tells me "Format.
        DOS/Windows".

        BUG REPORT:
        In testing for this I just noticed again:
        Document --> Font --> Change Font --> Script
        does not really drop down but shows a selection with only two lines. Not
        nice at all having to step through that until you find the desired one.

        Axel
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

          > Hi John,
          >
          > What's the code page for your Clip window?

          I can't confirm that this issue is connected with the Clip Editor.

          I've tested it with the files in the '\Samples' folder. No matter, if the Clip Editor is active or not -- in the Find and in the Replace dialog, the History vanishes every time I open a file that is not set to 'System Codepage (1252)' or 'Western European'.

          With cp_Polish.TXT (Codepage 'Central European'), for example, the History is lost again.

          Also, in my view, it's no NT 7.0 issue. I saw a vanishing History also in NT 6.2 (maybe even previous).

          Regards,
          Flo

          OS: Win XP SP3
        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
            I removed my own library from the Libraries folder, with NoteTab closed, and then started NoteTab and began looking at
            all the shipping libraries. The find dialog has no dropdown for any of those libraries, as long as the clip editor is
            the active document. Every one of them is set to UTF-8. If I then start a new document, even with the find dialog still
            displayed, the dropdown arrow shows immediately, and the history is present.

            When I look at those (stock) libraries with EditPad Pro, it says they are all code page 1252, which I believe to be
            true. It also says my own library is CP 1252. I may reinstall to see if that corrects the issue.

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
              The reinstall fixed this problem. I copied my library and the .ini file over to the new installation, and all is as it
              should be. I will report if it happens again.