Re: [Clip] Re: Find dialog problems

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
      The feature did not exist prior to version 6, so you wouldn't have seen
      it in version 4.95.

      The reason why the drop-down menu in the search dialog disappears when
      you activate the Clip editor is because it is marked to save extended
      ANSI characters in UTF-8 format (e.g. diacritic characters). Unless you
      tell it otherwise, NoteTab remembers to respect that format even after
      you remove all extended characters. So the fact that EditPad doesn't see
      any is irrelevant.

      Now I have no idea why your Clip editor is set to UTF-8. There are many
      possible reasons for that. Perhaps your Clip library had some UTF-8
      characters in it at one point?

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      On 03/08/2012 17:07, John Shotsky wrote:
      > It's code page 1252, for the document, but the problem occurs only when I'm looking at the clip library. This isn't a
      > document issue, it is a clip editor problem, and it has never happened to me before. I've been using it since 4.95. When
      > I look at the code page for the clip library, NoteTab says it is UTF-8. I do have conversion routines in the clip
      > library, but the clip library itself isn't UTF-8. If I close NoteTab and open the clip library in EditPad Pro, it says
      > the clip library code page is 1252. That is, NoteTab says it is UTF8, but EditPad Pro says it is 1252.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
        I thought of that, but then I went through several shipped clip libararies, and they are all marked UTF-8. It doesn't
        appear to be anything IN my library, it is just marking all libraries as UTF-8.

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
          Eric Fookes wrote:
          > the Clip editor is because it is marked to save extended
          > ANSI characters in UTF-8 format (e.g. diacritic characters).

          How can I see that setting? I know there are some UTF-8 in my clipbook
          in e.g.

          ^!Replace "¡ã" >> "°" WASTI

          (it corrects text pasted from journals' PDFs) but I never had John's
          problem, in my find. The status line only tells me "Format.
          DOS/Windows".

          BUG REPORT:
          In testing for this I just noticed again:
          Document --> Font --> Change Font --> Script
          does not really drop down but shows a selection with only two lines. Not
          nice at all having to step through that until you find the desired one.

          Axel
        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

            > Hi John,
            >
            > What's the code page for your Clip window?

            I can't confirm that this issue is connected with the Clip Editor.

            I've tested it with the files in the '\Samples' folder. No matter, if the Clip Editor is active or not -- in the Find and in the Replace dialog, the History vanishes every time I open a file that is not set to 'System Codepage (1252)' or 'Western European'.

            With cp_Polish.TXT (Codepage 'Central European'), for example, the History is lost again.

            Also, in my view, it's no NT 7.0 issue. I saw a vanishing History also in NT 6.2 (maybe even previous).

            Regards,
            Flo

            OS: Win XP SP3
          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
              I removed my own library from the Libraries folder, with NoteTab closed, and then started NoteTab and began looking at
              all the shipping libraries. The find dialog has no dropdown for any of those libraries, as long as the clip editor is
              the active document. Every one of them is set to UTF-8. If I then start a new document, even with the find dialog still
              displayed, the dropdown arrow shows immediately, and the history is present.

              When I look at those (stock) libraries with EditPad Pro, it says they are all code page 1252, which I believe to be
              true. It also says my own library is CP 1252. I may reinstall to see if that corrects the issue.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
                The reinstall fixed this problem. I copied my library and the .ini file over to the new installation, and all is as it
                should be. I will report if it happens again.