Re: how to extract data from selected text

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2012
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

      > I want to search an email for the following line:
      > From: John Smith <john.smith@...>
      >
      > I want to then assign John to variable1, Smith to variable2 and email
      > address to variable3 (could be an array or separate).
      >
      > I can place that line on the clipboard, or find it in a file I
      > suppose.
      >
      > I am absolutely drawing a blank here ...

      So far, this has met with little resonance :-(

      Maybe this is due to some open questions. Is that line...

      From: John Smith <john.smith@...>

      just a sample, or are you dealing with that particular adress only?

      Is that line contained in a NT document, is it copied to the clipboard, or what else?

      Just to give you a basic idea (using the new $StrReplace$ in NT 7.0):

      ^!SetClipboard "From: John Smith <john.smith@...>"
      ^!SetClipboard ^$StrReplace("(From:\x20|<|>)";"";^$GetClipboard$;RA)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^%Space%
      ^!SetArray %Sub%=^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Set %Var1%=^%Sub1%; %Var2%=^%Sub2%; %Var3%=^%Sub3%
      ^!Info [L]Var1: ^%Var1%^PVar2: ^%Var2%^PVar3: ^%Var3%

      Regards,
      Flo