Re: [Clip] Bug in 7.0 pro

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2012
      Hi Axel,

      > The help file states:
      >> In these cases, you should select the appropriate language setting
      >> from the Code Page field in the File Open dialog box.
      >>
      >> If the file has already been opened previously, NoteTab retrieves
      >> the last used code page.
      >
      > Both are untrue here under Win98SE. Selecting Hebrew in the open dialog
      > does nothing (and you should REALLY repair the tab order), I have to
      > change it after loading through the font dialog. And saving AS, closing,
      > and reopening falls back to standard ANSI, i.e. 1252 again.

      I must confess that I no longer have a computer with Win98. Users under
      that OS are so rare today that I can't justify spending time testing
      NoteTab on such old systems. There are too many other important
      priorities to deal with.

      Still, it does surprise me that the last used code page is not
      remembered. It certainly is remembered on our test machines.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/