Re: [Clip] Re: Cannot Open Clipboard error...bug?

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 28, 2012
      Hi Eb,

      > I have had lots of similar problems with the clipboard. Currently, I
      > have trouble using NoteTab's OnClipboardChange event. I turn capture
      > mode on, but copying from Firefox pages does not trigger the event. I
      > "fixed" this by turning the pasteboard on and off.

      In recent versions of NoteTab the Pasteboard tool automatically resets
      the Clipboard chain in case it was broken by another application.
      However, turning on the OnClipboardChange feature does not do that.

      But I have good news for you :) NoteTab 7.01 will also reset the
      Clipboard chain when OnClipboardChange is turned on.

      > In the past I have had intermittant pastboard function, odd crashes
      > when I copied text containing special characters (like semicolons,
      > carets, etc). Fookes helpdesk has always answered clipboard problems
      > with (mystery) "interactions". My code segments did not reproduce the
      > errors on their machines. However, I still believe, that the problem
      > is either in NoteTab's interaction with Windows, or a new
      > "undocumented feature" in Windows.

      There are indeed many external factors that can affect and break the
      Clipboard functionality. All it takes is one program to break the chain.

      > I do have one reproducable interaction, with Adobe Acrobat (reader or
      > Pro). With the pasteboard ON, and copying from a pdf doc, about half
      > the time the copy results in errors, where the clipboard hickups
      > (copies to NoteTab twice), accompanied with an error pop-up.

      NoteTab does try to ignore such duplicates but the feature will fail if
      just one character in the Clipboard changes.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/