Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to Search Up?

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 27, 2012
      At 7/27/2012 02:22 PM, dpasseng wrote:
      >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Eb"
      ><ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Noting the overwhelming response, I decided to put my two cents worth
      > in. Be aware of several problems with this approach - it will elave your
      > menu Find options set to "UP", and it will NOT work with regular expressions:
      > >
      > > H="Reverse Quick Find"
      > > ^!If ^$GetSelSize$=0 END
      > > ^!Find "^$GetSelection$" SIB
      > >
      >Okay folks, in the next release of notetab our wish will be granted so
      >that clips will not change the find/replace dialog settings! Wooo Hooo!
      > From the to be released notes:
      >
      >"* Fixed ^!Find and ^!Replace Clip commands so that they no longer change
      >the settings of the standard search dialog boxes."
      >
      >Great when a solution comes from on high to something like this.

      Good to know that someone "from on high" is listening. If a switch is
      (hopefully), added to make this optional, I would hope the "keep them
      synchronized" setting would be consistent and apply to all of the
      settings, not just the ones affected now.

      BTW, Where are the "to be released notes". I couldn't find anything on the
      next release forum or on the NTB website.

      Art
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 28, 2012
        Hi Art,

        > BTW, Where are the "to be released notes". I couldn't find anything on the
        > next release forum or on the NTB website.

        Here it is:

        * You no longer need to use the /usb switch when running NoteTab from a
        USB thumb drive (memory stick) under Windows XP or more recent.

        * Improved handling of Favorites feature when NoteTab is run from a USB
        thumb drive.

        * Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest version.

        * Improved “Calculate Expression” feature. Works without first selecting
        expression when line contains other text. Simply place cursor at the end
        of the expression and press Ctrl+E to calculate the result. You can also
        do chained expressions 1+2=3 +3=6 +4=10. If the expression doesn’t end
        with an “=” sign, then NoteTab replaces the expression with its result.

        * Improved smart quotes feature. Select text wrapped with straight
        quotes and NoteTab will replace them with smart quotes on pressing the
        Ctrl+, keys.

        * Improved Match Brackets feature. Now also works with double quotes
        (smart and straight).

        * Added minor improvements to several Clip libraries and templates.

        * Fixed issue with Wildcards setting that caused search dialog box to
        error in some situations when the search text was left blank.

        * Fixed ^!Find and ^!Replace Clip commands so that they no longer change
        the settings of the standard search dialog boxes.

        * Fixed incorrect results returned by ^$StrPosRight and ^$StrPosMid.

        * Fixed incorrect results returned by ^$ExpandEnv when used with NoteTab
        tokens.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • Art Kocsis
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 29, 2012
          At 7/28/2012 08:20 AM, Eric wrote:
          >Hi Art,
          >
          > > BTW, Where are the "to be released notes". I couldn't find anything on the
          > > next release forum or on the NTB website.
          >
          >Here it is:
          >
          >* You no longer need to use the /usb switch when running NoteTab from a
          >USB thumb drive (memory stick) under Windows XP or more recent.

          Thank you for the info.

          Where was it posted? For future reference, is there a page or other link to
          the info source that I can bookmark?

          Art
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 29, 2012
            Hi Art: Its an extract from the (as-yet) unreleased 7.0.1 whatsnew.txt
            AFAIK it s/b released "soon" :-)