Re: [Clip] USB favorites don't load when drive letter changes

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2012
      jmillhone wrote:
      > Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work with my USB.

      Of course it doesn't. What a brain-dead silly idea that was, sorry. Why
      on earth should NT evaluate functions in its own favorites file?

      So:

      ^!Open ^$GetFavoritePath$Favorites.fvr
      ^!Set %vDRV%=^$ExpandEnv("%UsbDrv%")$
      ^!Replace "^[A-Z]:" >> "^%vDRV%" WRAST
      ^!Close SAVE

      Again untested from the top of my head, might just work. IIRC you can't
      use functions in replacements but you can use variables. Hope I'm right.

      You could try deleting the drive letters in Favorites.fvr altogether,
      letting the paths begin with a backslash. If that works, you can do away
      with the clip.