how to extract data from selected text

  • Don
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2012
      I want to search an email for the following line:
      From: John Smith <john.smith@...>

      I want to then assign John to variable1, Smith to variable2 and email
      address to variable3 (could be an array or separate).

      I can place that line on the clipboard, or find it in a file I suppose.

      I am absolutely drawing a blank here ...
    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2012
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

        > I want to search an email for the following line:
        > From: John Smith <john.smith@...>
        >
        > I want to then assign John to variable1, Smith to variable2 and email
        > address to variable3 (could be an array or separate).
        >
        > I can place that line on the clipboard, or find it in a file I
        > suppose.
        >
        > I am absolutely drawing a blank here ...

        So far, this has met with little resonance :-(

        Maybe this is due to some open questions. Is that line...

        From: John Smith <john.smith@...>

        just a sample, or are you dealing with that particular adress only?

        Is that line contained in a NT document, is it copied to the clipboard, or what else?

        Just to give you a basic idea (using the new $StrReplace$ in NT 7.0):

        ^!SetClipboard "From: John Smith <john.smith@...>"
        ^!SetClipboard ^$StrReplace("(From:\x20|<|>)";"";^$GetClipboard$;RA)$
        ^!SetListDelimiter ^%Space%
        ^!SetArray %Sub%=^$GetClipboard$
        ^!Set %Var1%=^%Sub1%; %Var2%=^%Sub2%; %Var3%=^%Sub3%
        ^!Info [L]Var1: ^%Var1%^PVar2: ^%Var2%^PVar3: ^%Var3%

        Regards,
        Flo