Store page issues (was: StrPosRight bug in NTP 7.0?)

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 5, 2012
      Hi Axel,

      I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with our new e-commerce system.
      I've sent them a copy of your message to see what they have to say about
      it. Were you able to view the new NoteTab site alright with your settings?

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 5, 2012
        Eric Fookes wrote:
        > Were you able to view the new NoteTab site alright with your settings?

        Sure, you at least value cleanliness, KISS, and standards, so even in my
        CSS-less and imageless Netscape 4.8 it's fully functional. There are
        some bugs though:

        In HTML the reader, not you, decides about font size. This is what
        happens, when you try to press it into a border of finite pixel size
        regardless:

        <http://berger-odenthal.de/upload/Clipboard03.png>

        Without CSS all browsers leave a small margin between the window frame
        and the leftmost letters. With CSS and a full reset you're responsible
        for that yourself. This

        <http://berger-odenthal.de/upload/Clipboard04.png>

        is ugly and hard to read.
        I suggest continuing this in the HTML list, where it isn't off topic.

        N.B: I'm not sure if the list accepts attachments or not. As they're
        only 18 kB and 7 kB I'll try attaching the two images.

        Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 5, 2012
          I used Google Chrome, and did not disable anything in it. If you don't want
          to be tracked, you can use the Anonymous mode in it.

          PB

          On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Piotr wrote:
          > > I upgraded yesterday evening without any problems.
          >
          > Lucky you. I enforce a minimum font size, no background wallpaper, and
          > disallow scripts, all perfectly legal and standard settings offered by
          > all current browsers, and this is what I see:
          >
          > <http://berger-odenthal.de/upload/Clipboard01.png>
          > <http://berger-odenthal.de/upload/Clipboard02.png>
          >
          > I'm sorry, but this is a dysdunctional, unusable, and broken website. I
          > can't currently upgrade, much that I want to. Shame that.
          >
          > Axel
          >
          > --
          > Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68

        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 6, 2012
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "anachromat" <tim.peters@...> wrote:

            > Downloaded NTP 7.0 today, and some old clips went crazy. Tracked it down to this:
            >
            > H=bug
            > ^!Info ^$StrPosRight("X";"abcXdefXghi";False)$
            >
            > That displays 4 when I run it (the index of the leftmost X). I expected it to display 8 (the index of the rightmost X). In other words, StrPosRight is acting the same as StrPos now.

            Same bug in #^$StrPosMid$.

            Test:

            ^!Info ^$StrPosMid("X";"abcXdef";1;True)$
            ^!Info ^$StrPosMid("X";"abcXdef";2;True)$

            Different start positions are returning the same value. As Tim wrote, it behaves as ^$StrPos$ too.

            Regards,
            Flo

            NT 7.0 Pro Final Release
          • anachromat
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 6, 2012
              [flo.gehrke]
              > Same bug in #^$StrPosMid$.
              >
              > Test:
              >
              > ^!Info ^$StrPosMid("X";"abcXdef";1;True)$
              > ^!Info ^$StrPosMid("X";"abcXdef";2;True)$
              >
              > Different start positions are returning the same value.

              Ah, but I believe they _should_, right? There is only one X in the string, at index 4. If you start searching at the first, second, third or fourth position, that's the X you should find.

              Here's a more elaborate test:

              ^!Set %m%=^%EMPTY%; %i%=1
              :again
              ^!Append %m%=at i=^%i% result is ^$StrPosMid("X";"aXaXaXa";^%i%;True)$^P
              ^!Inc %i%
              ^!If ^%i%>7 NEXT ELSE again
              ^!Info [L]^%m%

              Under NTP 7.0, that displays:

              at i=1 result is 2
              at i=2 result is 2
              at i=3 result is 4
              at i=4 result is 4
              at i=5 result is 6
              at i=6 result is 6
              at i=7 result is 0

              and those all look correct to me.
            • flo.gehrke
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "anachromat" <tim.peters@...> wrote:

                > > ^!Info ^$StrPosMid("X";"abcXdef";1;True)$
                > > ^!Info ^$StrPosMid("X";"abcXdef";2;True)$
                > >
                > > Different start positions are returning the same value.
                >
                > Ah, but I believe they _should_, right?

                Tim,

                Thanks -- you are certainly right.

                In my naive view, I thought that '^$StrPosMid$' is shifting the counting of string positions to the right, and the specified index position would be the point from where the COUNTING starts. Actually, it's the point from where the SEARCHING starts.

                Consequently...

                ^!Info Start at position #3 = ^$StrPosMid("X";"12345X7890";3;"1")$
                ^!Info Start at position #6 = ^$StrPosMid("X";"12345X7890";6;"1")$

                will correctly return the same value '6'. But...

                ^!Info Start at position #7 = ^$StrPosMid("X";"12345X7890";7;"1")$

                returns '0' because 'X' is not inside the range that is searched.

                I hope I learned the lesson now :-)

                Flo