Re: [Clip] Re: To edit other languages & How to pay to updatetoversion 7

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2012
      Piotr wrote:
      > for translation it is better to use
      > dedicated software, which will prevent the translator
      > from damaging the HTML tags.

      Yes, but this is about code page conversion, not translation as such. As
      all tags should be strictly 7-bit, no conversion should ever touch them.
      Apart form that you're quite right. All automated replacements tend to
      play unintended havoc in tags, URLs and such. If teyt from third sources
      needs to be cleaned do that first and convert to HTML later. I have
      inadvertantly done it the other way round once or twice - not nice.

      Axel
    • C
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2012
        Ok, friends.

        Of course, this is nt for translation. For translation I use both MyWordLingo and Systran.

        Therefore, my three steps are:

        1. To joint 100 English html pages in only one page, say "total.htm"
        2. To translate the "total.htm", with WordLingo
        3. After the translation, to do the reverse, extracting each html (from <html> up to </html> of each file, and to create a new htm page

        In the "total.htm" we have, all in Unicode:

        some stuff, perhaps of 30-50 lines
        some stuff, perhaps of 30-50 lines
        some stuff, perhaps of 30-50 lines

        Thanks!