Re: What's New in PCRE 8.30?

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2012

      > NT 7.0 now works with PCRE 8.30 (of 02/04/2012) whereas the previous v6.2 worked with PCRE 8.01 (of 01/19/2010).
      >
      > I looked through the PCRE Changelog but couldn't find any essential change since v8.30 that would affect my everyday use of RegEx.

      Sorry, typo: "I looked through the PCRE Changelog but couldn't find any essential change since v8.01 that would affect my everyday use of RegEx."

      Flo 8-(
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2012
        I can tell you that I have an extensive clip library of over 1M, including comments. When I first tried V7 beta, it
        found some syntax errors that 6.2 had let slide. When I fixed those everything worked as expected. I routinely run my
        library on both 6.2 and 7.0 before I update my users. So far, no problems. Mine are not extremely complex, and don't
        generally get into esoteric script that I can't understand when I look at them. Still, I'm happy with the results, and
        so are my users that are also using 7.0 beta. I will probably leave 6.2 installed for a very long time, just for a test
        bed, even after I make the final move to version 7.