Re: [Clip] How to clear ^&

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 15, 2012
      Art Kocsis wrote:
      > Are you running NTS or NTP? Which version?

      Pro, version 6.2. And the behaviour described is documented in the main
      help file:
      "Note that if the Clip contains the cursor-positioning code ^&, the
      activating key is automatically discarded. You can also use the
      activating key in Clip code through the new predefined variable
      ^%AR_KEY%."

      Reversing that: no ^& means no discard of the last character typed. Have
      you tried my minimal example?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 15, 2012
        "flo.gehrke" wrote:
        > Consequently, it's just a side effect that -- on certain
        > conditions -- '^&' seems to be able to "position the cursor".

        That's bad. Whenever a wizard inserts a more or less complicated
        environment the cursor should be placed in some specific spot right in
        the middle and whenever marking up an ASCII source selecting smething to
        run a clip on is often desirable. It can

        a) save an extra <Ctrl><C> and <Ctrl><V> inside the wizard and
        b) I can highlight one thing and paste another.

        In my link wizard I highlight the text that is to become the link and
        paste the destination.

        By the way:
        > In NT 7.0,

        Must get around to going over. Any known gotchas, stuff that won't work
        as before?