Question on using 'far' clips

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2012
      I would like to let my users run an optional set of commands after my main program runs. My thought is to place them
      into a separate clip library, and let users maintain that separate library, by typing in the additional commands they
      would want to run afterwards. I understand the concept of 'far clip' but I'm not sure I understand how to force a set of
      commands that are not known to run at post processing time. I guess I would set it up as a single command, and have the
      users type in the exact names of the clips (in the MAIN program) that they would want to run. To clarify, all of the
      commands exist in the main program. The only thing that would be in the user's clip library would be the names of the
      commands in the main library, so, I think, EACH of those would be a farclip command, as well as the one FROM the main
      library callilng the list of commands to run.

      I hope that makes sense, because I understand what I want to do, but it seems oddly counterintuitive to use farclip to
      call something that farclips back to the calling program. Am I thinking about this correctly? The point is that I have
      no way of knowing which user commands they will want to run as post processors, so all I can do is call the list.

      John Shotsky
      100 SW 195th Avenue, Unit 155
      Beaverton, Oregon, 97006
      RecipeTools FTP: ftp://recipetoolsftp.gotdns.com <ftp://recipetoolsftp.gotdns.com/>
      RecipeTools Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RecipeTools/
      Beaverton Weather: http://shotsky.gotdns.com/index.htm

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2012
        John Shotsky wrote:
        > users type in the exact names of the clips (in the MAIN program)
        > that they would want to run.

        In that case I'd stop execution with a wizard showing tick-boxes for all
        those subroutines you offer, load the previous setting of ticks via
        ^$GetValue()$, save the user's choice with ^!SaveValue and run the
        selcted subroutines.