Re: [Clip] Doc Count Function

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2012
      At 5/2/2012 06:21 AM, Dan Gagne wrote:
      >^$GetDocCount$
      >
      >Is there a function to return the number of open documents in an instance
      >of Notetab (i.e., the max valid value of ^!SetDocIndex)?

      Duh!!! Looked right past it.

      Thanks

      Art
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2012
        At 5/2/2012 02:24 AM, Axel wrote:
        >Art Kocsis wrote:
        > > If not, would this be a reliable workaround?
        >
        >Ought to work. I have not yet used DocIndex and I wouldn't want to. From
        >the check I just did, whenever I close one document, all the others get
        >renumbered so the current index in the current view is not a reliable
        >label to use IMHO.

        I don't use DocIndex as a label for a unique doc except to return focus after
        temporarily switching focus to a different one.

        DocIndex is obviously not reliable if opening or closing docs but very useful
        for looping through all open docs or returning to the original after opening
        and operating on a new one. It would be a lot more work to build and use
        a list of doc names.