RE: [Clip] Can Not save clips or changes in Clip Book

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2012
      Even if you DO run with admin priviledges, Windows will STILL move things to the shadow copy folder in cases where you
      would want to write to NoteTab's folders in Program Files. By default, Windows hides that folder, so you can't see what
      it's doing. To see what's in there, you first have to find the shadow copy folder, them make it visible, then look at
      what is in there. Generally, you will find anything that would have been written into the Program Files folders. Thanks,
      Microsoft, you couldn't have made it any harder.

      I don't install NoteTab in C:\Program Files for just these reasons. I created a new folder called C:\Programs, and
      that's where I install NoteTab. I also bring the .ini file and those things in C:\users into the NoteTab folder, so that
      I can run everything from one location without Windows sticking its big nose into what I'm doing. When I back up my
      NoteTab folder it is simply a matter of zipping the NoteTab folder, and I am confident that I have it all, and could be
      back in business by just unzipping that file on a new computer or hard disk. If you do all this, you may also have to
      edit the notetab.ini file using NotePAD to change the options for using the registry and/or user area. You do this while
      NoteTAB is closed, because it writes its ini file every time it closes, erasing any edits you may have made.

      Note that I'm the only user of this computer so don't have any 'user' type issues.