EOL Clip Bug

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
      Just discovered a bug in the clip processor.

      The following clip snippet worked fine in v5.8 & 6.2 but fails in v7b3 when
      the cursor is anywhere on a line without a line terminator (i.e. the last
      line or EOF):

      ^!SetDebug On
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Select +2
      ^!Continue
      ^!If "^$GetSelection$" = "" ^!InsertText ^%nl%

      To see this create a single line doc without a CRLF or even just an empty doc.
      In NTB7b3 the clip processor immediately exits without any error message or
      feedback of any kind when attempting the ^!Select +2 command.

      There is also a visual difference as well. In v5.8 & 6.2, line terminators
      are highlighted while in v7 they are not (even the non-existent virtual one
      of the EOF), both within a clip as well as manual editing. To see this
      create an empty doc, and press SHIFT-END.

      Upon, further testing I find this problem only occurs in NT Pro and has
      existed since (at least), NotePro version 4. There may be a legitimate
      reason for not highlighting the line terminators but simply exiting a clip
      without feedback is not acceptable.

      Art
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2012
        Hi Art,

        > Just discovered a bug in the clip processor.
        >
        > The following clip snippet worked fine in v5.8& 6.2 but fails in v7b3 when
        > the cursor is anywhere on a line without a line terminator (i.e. the last
        > line or EOF):
        >
        > ^!SetDebug On
        > ^!Jump Line_End
        > ^!Select +2
        > ^!Continue
        > ^!If "^$GetSelection$" = "" ^!InsertText ^%nl%

        Thanks for reporting this issue. It has been fixed in update #4.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/