Re: Beginner question on Clip search

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6 3:18 PM
      Celtics2000 wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > At the very end of a document(past all of the text)I want to create a Clip to find the nearest non-whitespace character BEFORE it.

      Try the following:

      ^!Find ""\S(?=\s*+\Z)" WRS

      The parenthesized section is a look-ahead (to exclude its target from capture):

      \S -- non-whitespace char
      (?= -- ahead of...
      \s*+ -- any number of whitespace
      \Z -- at the end

      Dio
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6 3:24 PM
        I wrote:

        > ^!Find ""\S(?=\s*+\Z)" WRS

        Sorry, an extra quotation mark sneaked up on me. It should be:

        ^!Find "\S(?=\s*+\Z)" WRS
      • Celtics2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10 5:16 PM
          Thanks all for your help!

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Celtics2000" <cliffsss@...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > At the very end of a document(past all of the text)I want to create a Clip to find the nearest non-whitespace character BEFORE it.
          >
          > After reading the help I thought this would be the code.
          >
          > ^!FIND \S RB
          >
          > It still searches forward. I thought the B was supposed to reverse it. What am I doing wrong?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Cliff

        • Celtics2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11 3:38 PM
            This is working great! I cannot thank you enough!