Re: [Clip] Beginner question on Clip search

  • Don
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6 3:05 PM
      Regular expressions only work forwards. That particular thing is not
      possible to be done that way.

      However you can do a multi-line search finding everything up to the last
      white space.

      > After reading the help I thought this would be the code.
      >
      > ^!FIND \S RB
      >
      > It still searches forward. I thought the B was supposed to reverse it. What am I doing wrong?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Cliff
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6 3:18 PM
        Celtics2000 wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > At the very end of a document(past all of the text)I want to create a Clip to find the nearest non-whitespace character BEFORE it.

        Try the following:

        ^!Find ""\S(?=\s*+\Z)" WRS

        The parenthesized section is a look-ahead (to exclude its target from capture):

        \S -- non-whitespace char
        (?= -- ahead of...
        \s*+ -- any number of whitespace
        \Z -- at the end

        Dio
      • diodeom
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6 3:24 PM
          I wrote:

          > ^!Find ""\S(?=\s*+\Z)" WRS

          Sorry, an extra quotation mark sneaked up on me. It should be:

          ^!Find "\S(?=\s*+\Z)" WRS
        • Celtics2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 10 5:16 PM
            Thanks all for your help!

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Celtics2000" <cliffsss@...> wrote:

            > Hi!
            >
            > At the very end of a document(past all of the text)I want to create a Clip to find the nearest non-whitespace character BEFORE it.
            >
            > After reading the help I thought this would be the code.
            >
            > ^!FIND \S RB
            >
            > It still searches forward. I thought the B was supposed to reverse it. What am I doing wrong?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Cliff

          • Celtics2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11 3:38 PM
              This is working great! I cannot thank you enough!