Re: [Clip] truncate found capture in regex?

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13, 2012
      Don wrote:
      > so it doesn't break ... it just leaves extra spaces.

      In the case of very short names your exactly 23 characters will not only
      include spaces, unnless there are well over ten of them, but unintended
      stuff coming after. Your extra spaces may be inserted at an inconvenient
      place.

      Axel
    • Don
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2012
        I agree fully, but the data structure for the data I'm working on
        doesn't seem to suffer that flaw. There are always 23 or more
        characters before the next bit I want to retain. You guys solved a
        puzzle I couldn't and I thank you.