Re: [Clip] truncate found capture in regex?

  • Don
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13, 2012
      The thing is I can have unlimited spaces there as a delimiter, so it
      doesn't break ... it just leaves extra spaces.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2012
        Don wrote:
        > so it doesn't break ... it just leaves extra spaces.

        In the case of very short names your exactly 23 characters will not only
        include spaces, unnless there are well over ten of them, but unintended
        stuff coming after. Your extra spaces may be inserted at an inconvenient
        place.

        Axel
      • Don
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 13, 2012
          I agree fully, but the data structure for the data I'm working on
          doesn't seem to suffer that flaw. There are always 23 or more
          characters before the next bit I want to retain. You guys solved a
          puzzle I couldn't and I thank you.