Re: [Clip] ^!Open do not open

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2012
      Carlos: I don't think this has been explicitly suggested yet ...
      If you haven't already got it, I suggest getting (free) Unlocker program
      http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

      After you get the error in Notetab - navigate to the problem file in
      Explorer, right-click and select Unlocker.
      What (if any) programs does it show as holding locks on your problem file?

      Note - I just tried creating a one-line clip consisting only of ^!Open
      path_to_validfile (eg D:\temp\noname02.txt) and as expected it opened
      the file in a new tab.

      Have you tried creating just a one-line clip as above? Does it fail too?
      or have you only got the error as part of a larger (complicated?) clip?

      Also: looking back to your first post I see you said: "abnd this
      directoru \new\ is shared" - not sure what you mean here? Is device e:\
      and hence folder "e:\new" on your local file system or do you use
      "shared" to mean that e:\ is a mapped device on another networked
      computer? I'm guessing not and that you just mean any user on your
      computer has access to the folder and file but wanted to clarify.

      As I guess you can tell from Axel's Eb's and my responses this just
      seems "weird". I not even sure if its *possible* to "lock" a file using
      just Notetab!