Re: [Clip] Tab settings lost after sort

  • joy8388608
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 20, 2012
      Sure. My clip code is
      ^!ToolBar Sort Ascending

      but the same thing happens manually from the toolbar.

      I tried your code but it did nothing.

      It doesn't seem right that just doing a sort would cause the newly sorted lines to suddenly display without regard for the currently set tabs.

      Another note which is surprising but may or may not be called a bug is that changing the tab settings does not make the document 'unsaved'

      Joy

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

      > To answer your question you need to post your code.
      >
      > A possible workaround to try: force a reload of the NTB's ini file using
      > ^!SetIniFile.
      > If NTB is smart enough to know that it is already loaded, set it to a dummy
      > and then reset it back to the original:
      >
      > ^!Set %usrini%=^$GetIniFile$
      > ^!SetIniFile <dummy_ini_file>.ini
      > ^!SetIniFile ^%usrini%
      >
      > Art
      >
      > At 2/16/2012 07:04 PM, Joy wrote:
      > >NT Light ver 6.2 Windows 7
      > >I can't find any posts on a little problem I'm having in a clip in which
      > >doing a sort from the menu causes the document to be redisplayed without
      > >the tab settings applied.
      > >
      > >What's worse, if you go to doc properties where the (correct) settings
      > >still show, the only way I can find to have the tab settings take effect
      > >(again) is to make a change to the existing tab settings.
      > >
      > >Is this a bug and can everyone reproduce this?

    • jeff
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 20, 2012
        On 2/20/2012 12:08 PM, joy8388608 wrote:
        > Another note which is surprising but may or may not be called a bug is
        > that changing the tab settings does not make the document 'unsaved'
        >
        > Joy
        The Tab spacing is a system setting for notetab, a Tab is a Tab Is a
        Tab. The setting is not a change to the document but a change to the
        display properties ONLY

        --

        __

        Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

        Due to increased JUNK emails at a rate of over 300 per hour, I am filtering all suspected JUNK/Spam directly to DELETE.

        http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/
      • Gerard Huijing
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 21, 2012
          On 20-2-2012 20:57, joy8388608 wrote:
          > Sorry, but I am not seeing anything that applies to my question here.
          > Is it in any way possible that you help me understand and explain it?

          The Help file on Document Properties gives two ´important´ (all caps)
          caveats for Std and Lite users regarding changing some of those
          properties and how these changes are updated.
          In the Std and Light versions of NTB one has to do something extra, as
          compared to NTB Pro.
          I thought that this might have some bearing on how one processes a file
          in a clip.

          I apologise if I lead you up the garden path, but my question was just a
          question.

          Cheers,
          Gerard

          --