Re: [Clip] Can an entire word be selected by double clicking in the middle?

  • Ian NTnerd
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2012
      Joy,

      I had the same problem in NTL. Most annoying. I never found a setting to
      change. Older versions did not have this "feature".

      NT Pro does not do that, it highlights the whole word.

      At the risk of getting stuck off the list, I thought it was a "reminder
      to purchase" bug. It worked with me.

      Ian

      On 17/02/2012 1:09 PM, joy8388608 wrote:

      > Win 7, NT Light 6.2
      >
      > Double clicking on a word in a document selects from the cursor to the
      > beginning of the word. That is, if I double click between the 'u' and
      > the 'm' in 'document' only 'docu' is selected.
      >
      > Is there a setting I missed that would cause the entire word to be
      > selected without having to click exactly at the end of the word?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Joy

    • Pete Turner
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2012
        Hi Joy,

        A ray of hope, but no solution: I too use Light 6.2 on Win 7, and double-clicking in the middle of the word does select the entire word for me, so it is possible.

        Unfortunately I can't find any setting to control this behaviour anywhere.

        Does it only happen in NoteTab, or in other applications too?

        If you use a cordless mouse, are the batteries still good?

        Pete

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20, 2012
          Hi Pete.
          I am fairly certain double-clicking always selected the entire word for me in previous versions. Somewhere along the line, the behavior changed.

          It happens nowhere else and I have a wired mouse.

          Joy

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Pete Turner <pete.turner@...> wrote:

          > Hi Joy,
          >
          > A ray of hope, but no solution: I too use Light 6.2 on Win 7, and double-clicking in the middle of the word does select the entire word for me, so it is possible.
          >
          > Unfortunately I can't find any setting to control this behaviour anywhere.
          >
          > Does it only happen in NoteTab, or in other applications too?
          >
          > If you use a cordless mouse, are the batteries still good?
          >
          > Pete

        • Eb
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 23, 2012
            I just tired this on both my NTP and NTL. Both select the entire word.

            Whenever I get such problems, I restart NoteTab, and if that doesn't work, I reinstall it.

            Usually this cures these mystery problems.

            Eb