Can an entire word be selected by double clicking in the middle?

  • joy8388608
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16 7:09 PM
      Win 7, NT Light 6.2

      Double clicking on a word in a document selects from the cursor to the beginning of the word. That is, if I double click between the 'u' and the 'm' in 'document' only 'docu' is selected.

      Is there a setting I missed that would cause the entire word to be selected without having to click exactly at the end of the word?

      Thanks,
      Joy
    • Ian NTnerd
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16 8:20 PM
        Joy,

        I had the same problem in NTL. Most annoying. I never found a setting to
        change. Older versions did not have this "feature".

        NT Pro does not do that, it highlights the whole word.

        At the risk of getting stuck off the list, I thought it was a "reminder
        to purchase" bug. It worked with me.

        Ian

        On 17/02/2012 1:09 PM, joy8388608 wrote:

        > Win 7, NT Light 6.2
        >
        > Double clicking on a word in a document selects from the cursor to the
        > beginning of the word. That is, if I double click between the 'u' and
        > the 'm' in 'document' only 'docu' is selected.
        >
        > Is there a setting I missed that would cause the entire word to be
        > selected without having to click exactly at the end of the word?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Joy

      • Pete Turner
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16 8:55 PM
          Hi Joy,

          A ray of hope, but no solution: I too use Light 6.2 on Win 7, and double-clicking in the middle of the word does select the entire word for me, so it is possible.

          Unfortunately I can't find any setting to control this behaviour anywhere.

          Does it only happen in NoteTab, or in other applications too?

          If you use a cordless mouse, are the batteries still good?

          Pete

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 20 12:11 PM
            Hi Pete.
            I am fairly certain double-clicking always selected the entire word for me in previous versions. Somewhere along the line, the behavior changed.

            It happens nowhere else and I have a wired mouse.

            Joy

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Pete Turner <pete.turner@...> wrote:

            > Hi Joy,
            >
            > A ray of hope, but no solution: I too use Light 6.2 on Win 7, and double-clicking in the middle of the word does select the entire word for me, so it is possible.
            >
            > Unfortunately I can't find any setting to control this behaviour anywhere.
            >
            > Does it only happen in NoteTab, or in other applications too?
            >
            > If you use a cordless mouse, are the batteries still good?
            >
            > Pete

          • Eb
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23 11:34 AM
              I just tired this on both my NTP and NTL. Both select the entire word.

              Whenever I get such problems, I restart NoteTab, and if that doesn't work, I reinstall it.

              Usually this cures these mystery problems.

              Eb