[Clip] Re: Using ^$GetFileFirst

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
      Hi Norma,

      >How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and
      >insert them in an array so I can process multiple files?

      Look in Eric's SampleCode or Utilities for the one that makes
      the image html page.

      Also, get my NPM - there is one already done for NS and IE, but
      the IE requires a small freeware app. Link in the clips.

      C ya,
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
        "Norma Armstrong" <narmstr@...> wrote:

        >How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and insert them in an
        >array
        >so I can process multiple files? I'm kind of confused on how to go about
        >that. I see there's a ^GetFileNext$. Basically I'm working on a clip to
        >convert IE Favorites to an html file. I got everything but the actual loop
        >to do the work. Any ideas?

        Something like this: (It is fairly short. The comments make it longer.)

        H="File listing into an Array"

        ;Clear variable before using ^!Append.
        ^!ClearVariable %FileList%

        ;Get first file.
        ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("C:\";"*.*";NAME)$
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ Done
        ^!Append %FileList%=""^%ThisFile%""
        ; Outer quotes used by append.
        ; Inner quotes put into variable.

        ;Get remaining files.
        :Loop
        ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileNext$
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ EndLoop
        ^!Append %FileList%=";"^%ThisFile%""
        ; Doubled quotes intentional.
        ^!Goto Loop
        :EndLoop

        ;At this point we do not HAVE to make the list into
        ;an array. This works ok without being an array.
        ;^!Open ^%FileList%

        ;Put into an array
        ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^%FileList%
        ; Putting them into an array puts the count
        ; of the number of files into ^%FileArray0%
        ; The N-th file is in ^%FileArray^%N%%

        ;Diagnostic Output
        ^!Info Items=^%FileArray0%^p^p^%FileArray%

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      • Norma Armstrong
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999

          [Clip code snipped to make message shorter]

          Thanks for the code. It's well appreciated! To save bandwidth a big thanks
          to Jody too! :)
          Norma

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
            wayne@... (Wayne VanWeerthuizen) wrote:

            >"Norma Armstrong" <narmstr@...> wrote:
            >
            >>How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and insert them in an
            >>array
            >>so I can process multiple files? I'm kind of confused on how to go about
            >>that. I see there's a ^GetFileNext$. Basically I'm working on a clip to
            >>convert IE Favorites to an html file. I got everything but the actual loop
            >>to do the work. Any ideas?
            >
            >Something like this: (It is fairly short. The comments make it longer.)
            >
            >;Get first file.
            >^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("C:\";"*.*";NAME)$
            >^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ Done

            Last line here should be:

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
              Hi Norma and Eric,

              Eric,

              Sort order is not working in ^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;^%Ext%;^%Sort%)$
              for Type. Name is working; I did not check the others. I checked
              your Image to HTML out to see what I was doing wrong and it no workie
              there either. :(

              >How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and
              >insert them in an array so I can process multiple files?

              Here is another that may give you some ideas.

              H=FileList Checkbox
              ^!ClearVariable %DiskFileList%
              ^!ClearVariable %Nag%
              ^!SetHintInfo Getting Filenames...

              ; One lo...ng line :) Enter your own default path.

              ^!Set %Path%=^?[(T=D)Directory to search=H:\MySites\Sojourner\]; %Ext%=^?[(H=15)File Types==_All Files^=*.*|Images, Html, Midi, and Wav^=*.gif;*.jpg;*.*htm*;*.mid;*.wav|Images and Html Only^=*.gif;*.jpg;*.*htm*|Images Only^=*.gif;*.jpg|Html Only^=*.*htm*|Text only^=*.txt|Midi Only^=*.mid|Wav Only^=*.wav|Zip Files^=*.zip|MS Word Documents^=*.doc|Executables^=*.exe]; %Sort%=^?[Method to sort files=Unsorted|Name|_Type|Date|Size]

              ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;^%Ext%;^%Sort%)$

              :Loop1
              ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Full%)$ CloseFind
              ^!Set %Name%=^%Full%

              ; Take out underscore "=_^%Name%" to have boxes unchecked

              ^!Append %DiskFileList%=_^%Name%|
              ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileNext$
              ^!Goto Loop1

              :CloseFind
              ^!CloseFileFind

              ; Change any of the below for final ouput, adjust
              ; ^!Append %DiskFileList%=^%Name%| above accordingly. Next
              ; line is without an ^!Array ^!^?{(T=A;H=28)==^%DiskFileList%}
              ; and the clip would stop here if used.

              ^!SetArray %FileList%=^?{(T=A;H=28)==^%DiskFileList%}
              ^!Set %List%=^%FileList0%
              ^!Set %n%=0

              ^!SetWizardLabel Opens file with default application
              ; Long line.
              ^!Goto ^?{Yeppers, another nag screen==Prompt for each file^=Loop2|_Open All^=Loop3}

              :Loop2
              ^!Inc %n%
              ^!If ^%n% > ^%List% End
              ^!Skip Open ^%FileList^%n%%
              ^!Goto Loop2
              ^!^%FileList^%n%%
              ^!Goto Loop2

              :Loop3
              ^!Inc %n%
              ^!If ^%n% > ^%List% End
              ^!^%FileList^%n%%
              ^!Goto Loop3

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
                Hi Norma and Anybody Reading,

                This should have been as below:

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
                  wayne@... (Wayne VanWeerthuizen) wrote:

                  >H="File listing into an Array"

                  ...lines skipped...

                  >^!Goto Loop
                  >:EndLoop

                  After this point, there really should be a ^!CloseFileFind

                  Bad of me to have forgotten that.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 1999
                    Thanks for the tip I put that in.
                    Norma