Re: [Clip] Re: Replace help

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 19, 2011
      bozlawless wrote:
      > Thanks Don for the help....
      > But I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

      Let's go at it very slowly. Unless you changed something you have a clip
      library with a list of clips open to the left of your window. Choose a
      library you like at the bottom, then right-click into it and choose "Add
      new clip". Give it a name (header) like "Remove date".

      In the edit window you type or copy

      ^!Replace "a" >> "b" RSTI

      save, go to some other text in another tab and double-click your new
      clip. E voilá, an "a" will be replaced by a "b", done. Reload your text.
      Now go back to your clip and modify it to

      ^!Replace "\b\d\d/\d\d/\d\d\b" >> "" RSTI

      \b : Boundary, a place where a "word" ends, where a non-word character
      comes next to a word character, the latter including digits.
      \d : A digit, 0 to 9
      / : just a slash, "/"

      Try it out as before, a date will be replaced by nothing. One slight
      niggle will remain. If there was a space to the left and one to the
      right of your date you'll now end up with two spaces in a row. Now I'll
      have to assume something, namely that to the right of the date there may
      well be different punctuation marks and to the left there always is a
      space (and not an opening parenthesis or something). If so, make that
      space part of the pattern and delete it too.

      ^!Replace " \d\d/\d\d/\d\d\b" >> "" WRASTI

      At this time I've added W and A to the modifiers, the clip will now
      start at the top, "W"hole text, and replace "A"ll occurences.