Re: [Clip] Re: ^!Refresh

  • layman999
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2011
      Thanks Eb, but I can't get that clip to work at all.

      It's probably just me because my understanding of how to use variables
      is almost zero.

      Could you (or somebody) possibly write out a sample clip that actually
      works so I could try it out?

      Let's say I have an open file in NoteTab named "test.txt". And for
      testing purposes, I want to move it back and forth between the Desktop
      and a folder on the Desktop named "TestFolder".

      But actually, I need a Wizard in the clip so I can choose the folder (or
      any other folder).

      On 12/7/2011 12:03 PM, Eb wrote:

      > My guess is, that MoveFile is intended to work on files, rather than
      > open documents.
      >
      > I would try the following commands in the "move file clip":
      >
      > ^!Close "^%filespecs%"
      > ^!MoveFile "^%filespecs%" "^%destination%"
      > ^!Open "^%destination%"
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Eb

      > layman999 <layman999@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > If I use ^!Refresh at the end of a ^!MoveFile clip, the file
      > location in
      > > NoteTab's title bar stays the same as it was before I moved the file.
      > > And if I want to move the file again without closing it and reopening
      > > it, it won't work. And you can't reopen it from the Reopen menu item
      > > because it doesn't show up there after it was moved and closed.
      > >
      > > In Help it says:
      > > ^!Refresh
      > > Use this command after file management actions to update the list of
      > > available Clipbook libraries and the contents of the Quick List
      > tool. It
      > > also checks if any of the open documents were changed on disk.
      > >
      > > But this doesn't seem to be happening. On the title bar, location of
      > the
      > > 'open document' is the old location, not the new one.
      > >
      > > Is there a way to get the title bar to reflect the new location of the
      > > moved file?

    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2011
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, layman999 <layman999@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Eb, but I can't get that clip to work at all.
        >
        > It's probably just me because my understanding of how to use
        > variables is almost zero.
        >
        > Could you (or somebody) possibly write out a sample clip that actually works so I could try it out?

        Maybe this could match your needs...

        :Move
        ; Save the name of active file
        ^!Set %Name%=^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$
        ^!SetWizardLabel Move ^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$ to...
        ; Save the destination folder
        ^!Set %Destination%=^?{(T=D)}
        ^!MoveFile "^##" "^%Destination%"
        ; Close file and open it in destination folder
        ^!Close
        ^!Open ^%Destination%^%Name%

        Regards,
        Flo