[Clip] Re: Rename/Move

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2011
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, layman999 <layman999@...> wrote:

      > Oops!
      >
      > I didn't actually test the MoveFile part of either of those
      > clips by moving a file before my last response. I'm getting a
      > clip syntax error...

      Sorry, ^!MoveFile needs a file name and a destination. So you could write...

      :Move
      ^!SetWizardLabel Move ^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$ to...
      ^!MoveFile "^##" "^?{(T=D)}"

      Note that you have to close the file and open it anew at its new position when repeating that action (use ^!SetDebug to see why).

      > I think I prefer the bold text in the wizard created by your
      > second proposal. Is that a result of using ^!SetWizardLabel ?

      Yes, I think so. I can see no way to avoid bold text here.

      > And one other question: What's going on with ^$GetFileName and
      > ^$GetDocName ?

      See Axel's explanation. You can easily test such functions with...

      ^!Info ^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$

      resp.

      ^!Info ^$GetDocName$

      Regards,