^!Refresh

  • layman999
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2011
      Hi,

      If I use ^!Refresh at the end of a ^!MoveFile clip, the file location in
      NoteTab's title bar stays the same as it was before I moved the file.
      And if I want to move the file again without closing it and reopening
      it, it won't work. And you can't reopen it from the Reopen menu item
      because it doesn't show up there after it was moved and closed.

      In Help it says:
      ^!Refresh
      Use this command after file management actions to update the list of
      available Clipbook libraries and the contents of the Quick List tool. It
      also checks if any of the open documents were changed on disk.

      But this doesn't seem to be happening. On the title bar, location of the
      'open document' is the old location, not the new one.

      Is there a way to get the title bar to reflect the new location of the
      moved file?
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2011
        My guess is, that MoveFile is intended to work on files, rather than open documents.

        I would try the following commands in the "move file clip":

        ^!Close "^%filespecs%"
        ^!MoveFile "^%filespecs%" "^%destination%"
        ^!Open "^%destination%"

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, layman999 <layman999@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > If I use ^!Refresh at the end of a ^!MoveFile clip, the file location in
        > NoteTab's title bar stays the same as it was before I moved the file.
        > And if I want to move the file again without closing it and reopening
        > it, it won't work. And you can't reopen it from the Reopen menu item
        > because it doesn't show up there after it was moved and closed.
        >
        > In Help it says:
        > ^!Refresh
        > Use this command after file management actions to update the list of
        > available Clipbook libraries and the contents of the Quick List tool. It
        > also checks if any of the open documents were changed on disk.
        >
        > But this doesn't seem to be happening. On the title bar, location of the
        > 'open document' is the old location, not the new one.
        >
        > Is there a way to get the title bar to reflect the new location of the
        > moved file?

      • layman999
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2011
          Thanks Eb, but I can't get that clip to work at all.

          It's probably just me because my understanding of how to use variables
          is almost zero.

          Could you (or somebody) possibly write out a sample clip that actually
          works so I could try it out?

          Let's say I have an open file in NoteTab named "test.txt". And for
          testing purposes, I want to move it back and forth between the Desktop
          and a folder on the Desktop named "TestFolder".

          But actually, I need a Wizard in the clip so I can choose the folder (or
          any other folder).

          On 12/7/2011 12:03 PM, Eb wrote:

          > My guess is, that MoveFile is intended to work on files, rather than
          > open documents.
          >
          > I would try the following commands in the "move file clip":
          >
          > ^!Close "^%filespecs%"
          > ^!MoveFile "^%filespecs%" "^%destination%"
          > ^!Open "^%destination%"
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Eb

          > layman999 <layman999@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > If I use ^!Refresh at the end of a ^!MoveFile clip, the file
          > location in
          > > NoteTab's title bar stays the same as it was before I moved the file.
          > > And if I want to move the file again without closing it and reopening
          > > it, it won't work. And you can't reopen it from the Reopen menu item
          > > because it doesn't show up there after it was moved and closed.
          > >
          > > In Help it says:
          > > ^!Refresh
          > > Use this command after file management actions to update the list of
          > > available Clipbook libraries and the contents of the Quick List
          > tool. It
          > > also checks if any of the open documents were changed on disk.
          > >
          > > But this doesn't seem to be happening. On the title bar, location of
          > the
          > > 'open document' is the old location, not the new one.
          > >
          > > Is there a way to get the title bar to reflect the new location of the
          > > moved file?

        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2011
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, layman999 <layman999@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Eb, but I can't get that clip to work at all.
            >
            > It's probably just me because my understanding of how to use
            > variables is almost zero.
            >
            > Could you (or somebody) possibly write out a sample clip that actually works so I could try it out?

            Maybe this could match your needs...

            :Move
            ; Save the name of active file
            ^!Set %Name%=^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$
            ^!SetWizardLabel Move ^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$ to...
            ; Save the destination folder
            ^!Set %Destination%=^?{(T=D)}
            ^!MoveFile "^##" "^%Destination%"
            ; Close file and open it in destination folder
            ^!Close
            ^!Open ^%Destination%^%Name%

            Regards,
            Flo