Explanation of time mask?

  • djust
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011
      Hi!

      I am running NTP 6.2/fv.

      The clipwriting help file says about the date filter "c": "The time is not displayed if the fractional part of the DateTime value is zero."

      What does this mean? Or, in other words, what is "the fractional part of the DateTime value"? For example, where is it in

      "Date and Time: 12/01/2011 4:09:39 PM"

      - "12/01/2011 4:09:39 PM" having been generated by the "c" filter?

      Thanks.
      D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011
        djust wrote:
        > Or, in other words, what is "the fractional part of the
        > DateTime value"? For example, where is it in
        > "Date and Time: 12/01/2011 4:09:39 PM"

        I haven't checked in NoteTab, but for most spreadsheet programs a date
        is the number of days since Jan 1st, 1900. So today is 40878. A time is
        the fraction of a day since midnight, making 16:09:39 h 0.6733681.
        Together your date and time give 40878.6733681 with the digits after the
        decimal point being the fractional part.

        It not being given may mean either exactly midnight or just a date with
        no time given. Option "c" would make NoteTab lean towards the latter
        interpretation.