Re: [Clip] CTRL+ALT+B won't work

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 20, 2011
      Eb wrote:
      > Reach, ESC, 1 or more keys, ENTER
      > versus
      > 'x ' ([x] [space]) = 2 keystrokes, easier and faster.

      You're absolutely right this far. And then I want to tell you my current
      screen runs at 1280 x 1024 --oops, how did that happen?
      This is why I think <Esc> rather than autorun is equivalent to standard
      shortcuts.

      And if I do use autorun, I tend to let the sequence begin with "<",
      which is both easy to type (compared to the LaTeX standard "\") and rare
      enough. Thus with autorun I would have made your example "<x ", one more
      keystroke.

      Axel
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 20, 2011
        Hi Sezor,

        That's right. Both shift options provide for the rare case, when you might want to enter an isolated z into your document.

        For example, to generate 'x = y' in your document, type

        [x][SHIFT+SPACE][=][SPACE][y]

        Note, that to generate 'x=y' in your doc (no spaces), you must type the space first, then the '=', then go back and erase the space:

        [x][SHIFT+SPACE][=]

        then backup to erase the space and type the [y]. I.e.:

        [x][SHIFT+SPACE][=][LEFTARROW][BACKSPACE][RIGHTARROW][y]

        The reason is, that the '=' (and some of the other trigger keys) cannot be generated with the shift key. So [x][=] would trigger the macro. The same applies to all unshifted triggers (,.;]=).

        Cheers

        Eb

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 20, 2011
          Eb wrote:
          > [x][SHIFT+SPACE]

          I never realized what that was about, I should have read more carefully.
          You're right, this way it will work fine. I still prefer my control
          sequences to be different from ordinary letters, but that's just taste.

          Axel
        • Sezor
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 20, 2011
            Thanks Eb

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 22, 2011
              Hi Axel,

              I'm sorry, I don't understand what the screen has to do with auto-run or esc?

              Eb

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 22, 2011
                Eb wrote:
                > I don't understand what the screen has to do with auto-run or esc?

                And I thought you had already answered my objection on Sunday at 16:05 h
                your time. If you make "x" the shortcut, then <Space>x<Space> will make
                the clip run. That screen stuff was just the first thing from the top of
                my head containing " x " to demonstrate the problem.