Re: [Clip] How to remove lines

  • m_frascinella
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2011
      Don,

      I generalized on your example, so the following lines let you enter the search string and away it goes. I ran a simple test and it works.

      ^!Set %Searchstring%=^?{Enter text to search for:}
      ^!Replace "^.*(^%Searchstring%).*\R" >> "" RAWS

      Yours,

      Michael F
      =========

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

      > ^!Replace "^.*toremove.*\R" >> "" RAWS

    • Don
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2011
        precisely how I do it -- in my dialog for the set I say "use regex and
        pipe for alternates" so I realize I can use RegEx syntax.

        Cool stuff! Love NoteTab! Thanks Eric (and Jody).

        On 11/8/2011 9:07 AM, m_frascinella wrote:
        > Don,
        >
        > I generalized on your example, so the following lines let you enter the search string and away it goes. I ran a simple test and it works.
        >
        > ^!Set %Searchstring%=^?{Enter text to search for:}
        > ^!Replace "^.*(^%Searchstring%).*\R" >> "" RAWS
        >

        > Yours,
        >
        > Michael F
      • lynn4166
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 21, 2011
          I just tried this and it worked great except it didn't delete the lines where the word wasn't at the end of the line. Is there a way to modify it to make it work no matter where the search string is within the line?

          Sincerely,
          Terescia