Re: [Clip] Opening files

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2011
      Hi Axel,

      This isn't automatic but "Save as" seems to set the default open and save
      directories and the settings are retained even after all files are closed.

      The "Save as" works slightly differently for subsequent Open or Save
      commands. To reset the default directory for subsequent Opens you
      must actually complete the "Save as" operation and actually save the file.
      However, you can reset the default save directory (for saving new files), by
      simply clicking on the tab of an existing file, then click on the "Save As"
      button and then click cancel. The default "Save" directory will be this
      directory but the default "Open" directory will not be changed.

      Nothing like consistency, right?

      HTH

      Namaste, Art

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2012
        In View-->Options-->Files I've set "Match Directories". It seems that
        when no file is open NoteTab remebers the last "Save As" directory. I
        would find it much more helpful and much more intuitive, if the last
        "Open" directory was rembered.

        Danke

        Johann-H├Ąck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68