Re: [Clip] Re: How to remove lines with the word "xxx"

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
      C wrote:
      > ^!Set rdSDyahoo
      > ^!Replace "\R.*(^rdŽ*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI

      I can't read that. Going to the source I find

      ^!Set =18rdSDyahoo
      ^!Replace "\R.*(^=18rd=8E*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI

      What are the characters $18 and $8E? You'll probably nned to write them
      as \x18 and \x8E whatever they are for. I have just tried using
      variables inside a Regex Replace myself and to my surprise it worked
      fine.

      Axel
    • Don
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
        I use variables in regex's all the time myself.

        I think using ^ (means beginning of the line) instead of \R is better at
        the front because it could be the first line.

        Dio used (\R|\Z) at the back end which is better than either of us as it
        will include the last line. I am trying to remember that one more myself.

        I don't get his \Q and \whatever it was in the middle so I need to go
        look those up ... maybe word boundary or something?