Opening files

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011
      Not really a clip question, please forgive me.

      I have set Options->Files->Directories to "Match Directory" as I often
      edit several related files. This works fine as long as one file is left
      open. After closing all files any new Open goes to Windows' %Personal%
      folder, which is always a bad choice. Any entries in "Open Directory"
      and "Save Directory" get deleted once "Match Directory" is chosen.

      With all files closed ideally I would like Open to begin in the last
      used directory.

      Is that not possible?

      Thanks

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2011
        Hi Axel,

        This isn't automatic but "Save as" seems to set the default open and save
        directories and the settings are retained even after all files are closed.

        The "Save as" works slightly differently for subsequent Open or Save
        commands. To reset the default directory for subsequent Opens you
        must actually complete the "Save as" operation and actually save the file.
        However, you can reset the default save directory (for saving new files), by
        simply clicking on the tab of an existing file, then click on the "Save As"
        button and then click cancel. The default "Save" directory will be this
        directory but the default "Open" directory will not be changed.

        Nothing like consistency, right?

        HTH

        Namaste, Art

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2012
          In View-->Options-->Files I've set "Match Directories". It seems that
          when no file is open NoteTab remebers the last "Save As" directory. I
          would find it much more helpful and much more intuitive, if the last
          "Open" directory was rembered.

          Danke

          Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68