Re: [Clip] deleting duplicate lines

  • m_frascinella
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
      Axel,

      Jean-Francois's tip about View -> Options -> Tools ->Sort Removes Duplicates definitely worked as a manual way to sort and remove duplicate lines.

      I tried the StrSort statement but could not get it to work.

      First of all, the StrSort statement did not turn blue (valid) as with other Notetab statements.

      Second, I was not sure how to grab all the lines I extracted. I tried this thinking that my %Lines% variable was still active.
      ^$StrSort("^%Lines%";False;true;true)$

      That did not work.

      Then I tried:
      ^!Select all
      ^$StrSort("^$GetClipboard$";False;true;true)$

      But this resulted in nothing in the new file but the StrSort statement.

      What is wrong? The StrSort statement does not seem to be working for me.

      Yours,

      Michael F

      > Jean-Fran├žois Colas wrote:
      > > However I can't help for using this setting in clip if you don't want NT
      > > to behave that way all the time.
      >
      > ^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$
      > (added in v4.52)
    • Don
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
        ^!Select all
        ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";False;true;true)$

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
          Don,

          Thanks for the correction. The clip now works perfectly.

          I am still puzzled as to why the ^$StrSort statement does not turn blue as with other NoteTab statements.

          Is there something different about statements that begin with ^$ compared with ^! statements?

          Yours,

          Michael F
          =========

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
            m_frascinella wrote:
            > Is there something different about statements that begin
            > with ^$ compared with ^! statements?

            Yes, ^$ is a function not a command. What Don gave works, but the
            canonical correct use would have been either
            ^!Set %variable%=^$function$
            or
            ^!InsertText ^$function$

            You can omit the ^!InsertText, but you ought not to.