Re: How to remove lines with the word "xxx"

  • C
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
      Hi,

      Perhaps is because I used:

      ^!Set rdSDyahoo
      ^!Replace "\R.*(^rdŽ*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI

      I need to use a variable, because will be a lot of different words.

      Thsnks. I know that Axel is a guru.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

      > Hi friends Axel and Don, thanks.
      >
      > Both suggestions do not worked.
      >
      > Let say that I have this list:
      >
      > a-gamal@...
      > a-jhemi@...
      > a.aanha@...
      > a.abdullayev@...
      > a.abouzeid@...
      > example@...
      >
      > Let say that I want to remove all lines that have the "yahoo" word.
      >
      > Thanks.

    • C
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
        In other words, I need to use a variable in place of the (....), because will be a lot of different words.

        ------------------------------------

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Perhaps is because I used:
        >
        > ^!Set rdSDyahoo
        > ^!Replace "\R.*(^rdŽ*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI
        >
        > I need to use a variable, because will be a lot of different words.
        >
        > Thsnks. I know that Axel is a guru.
        >

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi friends Axel and Don, thanks.
        > >
        > > Both suggestions do not worked.
        > >
        > > Let say that I have this list:
        > >
        > > a-gamal@
        > > a-jhemi@
        > > a.aanha@
        > > a.abdullayev@
        > > a.abouzeid@
        > > example@
        > >
        > > Let say that I want to remove all lines that have the "yahoo" word.
        > >
        > > Thanks.

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
          You can separate all the words with pipes, and still run just one clip.
          (word1|word2|word3|wordn)

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> , "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Perhaps is because I used:
          >
          > ^!Set rdSDyahoo
          > ^!Replace "\R.*(^rd��*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI
          >
          > I need to use a variable, because will be a lot of different words.
          >
          > Thsnks. I know that Axel is a guru.
          >

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> , "C" <backup2abet@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi friends Axel and Don, thanks.
          > >
          > > Both suggestions do not worked.
          > >
          > > Let say that I have this list:
          > >
          > > a-gamal@
          > > a-jhemi@
          > > a.aanha@
          > > a.abdullayev@
          > > a.abouzeid@
          > > example@
          > >
          > > Let say that I want to remove all lines that have the "yahoo" word.
          > >
          > > Thanks.

        • diodeom
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
            "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

            > In other words, I need to use a variable in place of the (....), because will be a lot of different words.

            Either:

            ^!Set %word%=yahoo
            ^!Replace "^.*?\Q^%word%\E.*(\R|\Z)" >> "" WARS

            or:

            ^!Set %word%=yahoo
            ^!Find ^%word% WITS
            ^!IfError End
            ^!DeleteLine
            ^!Goto Skip_-3
          • Don
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
              right, set the variable thus word1|word2|word3

              Your text for the word is funky so I'm guessing maybe you have special
              characters in there that need to be pre-pended with and escape? \" or \)

              And then:
              ^!Replace "^.*(^%variable%).*\R" >> "" RAWS

              As usual I have no idea what dio is talking about -- but I'm sure it
              totally works.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
                C wrote:
                > ^!Set rdSDyahoo
                > ^!Replace "\R.*(^rdŽ*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI

                I can't read that. Going to the source I find

                ^!Set =18rdSDyahoo
                ^!Replace "\R.*(^=18rd=8E*\R" >> "\n" WRASTI

                What are the characters $18 and $8E? You'll probably nned to write them
                as \x18 and \x8E whatever they are for. I have just tried using
                variables inside a Regex Replace myself and to my surprise it worked
                fine.

                Axel
              • Don
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
                  I use variables in regex's all the time myself.

                  I think using ^ (means beginning of the line) instead of \R is better at
                  the front because it could be the first line.

                  Dio used (\R|\Z) at the back end which is better than either of us as it
                  will include the last line. I am trying to remember that one more myself.

                  I don't get his \Q and \whatever it was in the middle so I need to go
                  look those up ... maybe word boundary or something?