re: the ^!Open command

  • brrt13
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2011
      does anyone know, (and thanx in advance) if i can reference a pic file and have win pic & fax viewer open it?

      this is what i've tried...

      ^!Open [rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen] "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Program Files PORTA\NoteTab Light6.2\pics-images\7 layers of OSI.bmp"

      this,
      [rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen]

      opens win pic & fax viewer fine, but how do i get it to open the pic

      "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Program Files PORTA\NoteTab Light6.2\pics-images\7 layers of OSI.bmp"
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2011
        "brrt13" <brrt13@...> wrote:

        > does anyone know, (and thanx in advance) if i can reference a pic file and have win pic & fax viewer open it?
        >
        > this is what i've tried...
        >
        > ^!Open [rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen] "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Program Files PORTA\NoteTab Light6.2\pics-images\7 layers of OSI.bmp"
        >
        > this,
        > [rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen]
        >
        > opens win pic & fax viewer fine, but how do i get it to open the pic
        >
        > "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Program Files PORTA\NoteTab Light6.2\pics-images\7 layers of OSI.bmp"

        Use ^$GetShort()$ to make your path\file palatable.