Re: [Clip] Re: Generating Ranking Data from Spread Sheet

  • Don
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
      I also want to set a check to be sure there is nothing except numbers
      and pipes and if false, give me an error. I had one voter input a name
      manually (misspelling it) so that made one cell of bad data.

      On 9/13/2011 8:35 PM, Don wrote:
      > I suppose you are right, descending order? That is only one of several
      > examples of course.
      >
      > Isn't there a way to adjust the regex however to match from |to|?
      >
      > This is an amazing clip I must say.

    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
        Don <don@...> wrote:

        > Isn't there a way to adjust the regex however to match from |to|?

        ^!Replace "\|\K\Q^%School^%i%%\E(?=\||$)" >> "^%i%" WARS
      • diodeom
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
          Don <don@...> wrote:

          > I also want to set a check to be sure there is nothing except numbers
          > and pipes and if false, give me an error. I had one voter input a name
          > manually (misspelling it) so that made one cell of bad data.

          I think you (and your voters) would be better off if you provided "Choose from a list" drop-downs in your Google Docs form.

          Anyway, to flag any illegal characters in what you have:

          ^!Find "\|(Boys|Girls)[|\d]+?\K[^|\d\r]+" WRS
        • Don
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
            I do ... but unfortunately when I tried data validation it stopped the
            form from saving ... apparently they can go off on their own even though
            I have a drop down because one coach spelled the name of his own team wrong.

            That makes sense, so "if error" continue ironically and if not error --
            halt process and figure out what went wrong.