Re: [Clip] Re: Generating Ranking Data from Spread Sheet

  • Don
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
      I suppose you are right, descending order? That is only one of several
      examples of course.

      Isn't there a way to adjust the regex however to match from |to|?

      This is an amazing clip I must say.

      On 9/13/2011 8:29 PM, diodeom wrote:
      > Don <don@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Also the replace isn't quite working ... I have a school named
      >> Midland-HH Dow and it is being replaced with 85-HH-Dow because 85 is the
      >> ordinal for Midland.
      >>
      >> So I need to look at the replace to be sure it's word from | to |.
      >>

      > Or you could place "Midland-HH Dow" in your %School% array ahead of "Midland." As a preventive measure for any similar case school names could be simply sorted in descending order.
    • Don
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
        I also want to set a check to be sure there is nothing except numbers
        and pipes and if false, give me an error. I had one voter input a name
        manually (misspelling it) so that made one cell of bad data.

        On 9/13/2011 8:35 PM, Don wrote:
        > I suppose you are right, descending order? That is only one of several
        > examples of course.
        >
        > Isn't there a way to adjust the regex however to match from |to|?
        >
        > This is an amazing clip I must say.

      • diodeom
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
          Don <don@...> wrote:

          > Isn't there a way to adjust the regex however to match from |to|?

          ^!Replace "\|\K\Q^%School^%i%%\E(?=\||$)" >> "^%i%" WARS
        • diodeom
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
            Don <don@...> wrote:

            > I also want to set a check to be sure there is nothing except numbers
            > and pipes and if false, give me an error. I had one voter input a name
            > manually (misspelling it) so that made one cell of bad data.

            I think you (and your voters) would be better off if you provided "Choose from a list" drop-downs in your Google Docs form.

            Anyway, to flag any illegal characters in what you have:

            ^!Find "\|(Boys|Girls)[|\d]+?\K[^|\d\r]+" WRS
          • Don
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 13, 2011
              I do ... but unfortunately when I tried data validation it stopped the
              form from saving ... apparently they can go off on their own even though
              I have a drop down because one coach spelled the name of his own team wrong.

              That makes sense, so "if error" continue ironically and if not error --
              halt process and figure out what went wrong.