Re: [Clip] Re: reworking data

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 7, 2011
      I wrote:
      > ie. > ^!Find "(\A|\R\R)\w.+\R\K.+" RS could be simulated in RegexBuddy
      > by matching:
      > (?<=(\A|\R\R)\w.+\R)\K.+(?<=(\A|\R\R)\w.+\R).+
      > ie. remove the \K but wrap everything up to it with (?<=.....) (and of
      > course change the \R's back to \r\n since Regex Buddy also doesn't
      > support these yet either.
      Sorry, I had a typo. I left out a new-line in my response:
      ie. > ^!Find "(\A|\R\R)\w.+\R\K.+" RS could be simulated in RegexBuddy
      by matching:
      (?<=(\A|\R\R)\w.+\R).+ (ie turn everything BEFORE the "\K" by putting
      it inside (?= ... leave what was there ... then match opening bracket
      by closing end bracket )

      ie. remove the \K but wrap everything up to it with (?<=.....) (and of
      course change the \R's back to \r\n since Regex Buddy also doesn't
      support these yet either.

      Note: you can do this in RegexBuddy by pasting the (works in NTB
      expression): (\A|\R\R)\w.+\R\K.+ in the Match box, then select
      everything up to but not including the \K, right click on it then select
      [Insert token] then go down to [Lookaround] and on its pop-out select
      [Positive lookbehind]. Then remove the \K now unneeded at the end and
      change the \R's to \r\n's.

      I am always forgetting the exact syntax of the four lookaround options
      myself and often open up RB just to allow it to substitute the one I
      want :-[

      Hopefully that makes it clear but if not, in RegexBuddy - Help -
      Tutorial (index) checkout: Lookahead, Lookaround, Lookbehind topics.
      With that, you s/b able to test the clip code that Diodem posted. (I
      haven't done so)