Memory Lane

  • Sezor
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
      Someone mentioned odd changes to clips recently.
      Well, an odd thing happened on 4.95 this morning.
      A clip run automatically every day reverted to a version 2
      years old.
      (All it does is open a set of files.)
      Yesterday it was fine, today it wasn't.
      As it happens I installed Ntb Light yesterday.
      It turns out that :
      - it was one clip only in a library of 60 or more, the
      others being untouched.
      - the old version of the clip is identical to one in an old,
      no longer used, instance of Ntb Std in a win98 partition on
      the disk. Which I haven't even looked at for 2 years.
      I know Eric's a good programmer but I doubt it was the Ntb
      Light installation routine that did the copying ..
      So, it's a complete mystery.
      Unless it's a punishment for not uninstalling the old
      version of NoteTab before installing the new ..
      Sezor
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
        Sezor wrote:
        > A clip run automatically every day

        That's where to look at. My best guess and hypothesis is that for some
        reason the autostarter pointed to the old version and your current
        version noticed that clip was changed and copied it into the current
        library.

        > but I doubt it was the Ntb Light installation routine

        Well, NoteTab Install is set up to keep all your settings. As you have
        two old versions to choose from, something got confused. I have often
        regretted not to have made an up-to-date backup before installing
        something. I always mean to, but then ...

        Axel
      • Sezor
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
          Well, okay, but where's the code for the autostarter
          to be able to do that?
          I can believe that the wrong version of Ntb might run
          - but copying code ?!

          Axel Berger wrote:
          > Sezor wrote:
          >> A clip run automatically every day
          >
          > That's where to look at. My best guess and hypothesis is that for some
          > reason the autostarter pointed to the old version and your current
          > version noticed that clip was changed and copied it into the current
          > library.
          >
          >> but I doubt it was the Ntb Light installation routine
          >
          > Well, NoteTab Install is set up to keep all your settings. As you have
          > two old versions to choose from, something got confused. I have often
          > regretted not to have made an up-to-date backup before installing
          > something. I always mean to, but then ...
          >
          > Axel

        • Sezor
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
            It was me making the mistake, not ntb.
            I've got the clip in question in two libraries, one of
            which was not up to date.
            It's not good programming but it's handy in use.
            And memory has to be good ..