Re: [Clip] working with a column of data

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4 9:13 AM
      Don wrote:
      > I'm thinking it is GetField I was looking for.

      Yes. This one was so simple to make from scratch, I never thought of
      looking for a ready-made function, but as it's there, we might as well
      use it.

      > Sorry insufficient info on my part, it could be any column, not
      > always three. I think there is a way to get things in column x
      > but I'm drawing a blank.

      Well, if it's column x, there will be (x-1) columns in front of it. So
      just replace my "2" with "(x-1)" and you're done. With clips being a
      macro-language, I'd expect it might even accept a variable in there.