Re: [Clip] working with a column of data

  • Don
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2011
      On 9/4/2011 11:42 AM, Don wrote:
      > On 9/4/2011 11:32 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
      >> Don wrote:
      >>> Is there a way to pull column 3 out once you know what the delimiter is?
      >>
      >> Easy:
      >> ^!Find "^([^\t]*\t){2}([^\t]+)\t RASTI2
      >>
      >> After that the find is highlighted. You can work on ^$GetSelection$ and
      >> write the result with ^!InsertText. Then loop.
      >>
      >> Axel
      >
      > Sorry insufficient info on my part, it could be any column, not always
      > three. I think there is a way to get things in column x but I'm drawing
      > a blank.

      I'm thinking it is GetField I was looking for.

      I rediscovered the clip NoteTab Googler (awesome clip that searches the
      past messages) and also came across Jody's posts/site (sadly now gone in
      both cases) but not forgotten in the case of our departed friend Jody.
      What a great notetab friend. Is Jody's work archived somewhere?
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2011
        Don wrote:
        > I'm thinking it is GetField I was looking for.

        Yes. This one was so simple to make from scratch, I never thought of
        looking for a ready-made function, but as it's there, we might as well
        use it.

        > Sorry insufficient info on my part, it could be any column, not
        > always three. I think there is a way to get things in column x
        > but I'm drawing a blank.

        Well, if it's column x, there will be (x-1) columns in front of it. So
        just replace my "2" with "(x-1)" and you're done. With clips being a
        macro-language, I'd expect it might even accept a variable in there.