4.95 Help

  • Sezor
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2011
      Thanks for all the contributions.
      One on 4.95

      In the following extracts from the help file for 4.95 :-

      ^$GetColEnd$
      Returns the cursor column index in the current document.

      ^$GetColStart$
      Returns the cursor column index in the current document.

      ^$GetRowEnd$
      Returns the cursor line index the in current document.

      ^$GetRowStart$
      Returns the cursor line index in the current document.

      it seems to me that End & Start refer to End & Start of the
      selection,
      not of the line.
      Quick tests confirm it, but if anyone knows more, it would be
      good to know it.

      Below is code I used to test it :

      ^!Set %SelectionStart%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColStart$
      ^!Set %SelectionEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
      ^!Set %SelSize%=0
      ^!SetCursor ^%SelectionStart%
      ^!SelectTo ^%SelectionEnd%
      ^!Goto end

      Sezor
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2011
        End and Start refer to the LINE and COL where the END and START of the selection is located. If you add the following line of code just ABOVE the Goto END of your test code, you will see what I mean:

        ;long line
        ^!Info [L]Selection starts at ^%nl%Line:Col ^%SelectionStart%^%nl%and ends at ^%nl%Line:Col ^%SelectionEnd%
        ;end long line

        By the way, this is still valid for NoteTab 6.2.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sezor <sezor@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for all the contributions.
        > One on 4.95
        >
        > In the following extracts from the help file for 4.95 :-
        >
        > ^$GetColEnd$
        > Returns the cursor column index in the current document.
        >
        > ^$GetColStart$
        > Returns the cursor column index in the current document.
        >
        > ^$GetRowEnd$
        > Returns the cursor line index the in current document.
        >
        > ^$GetRowStart$
        > Returns the cursor line index in the current document.
        >
        > it seems to me that End & Start refer to End & Start of the
        > selection,
        > not of the line.
        > Quick tests confirm it, but if anyone knows more, it would be
        > good to know it.
        >
        > Below is code I used to test it :
        >
        > ^!Set %SelectionStart%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColStart$
        > ^!Set %SelectionEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
        > ^!Set %SelSize%=0
        > ^!SetCursor ^%SelectionStart%
        > ^!SelectTo ^%SelectionEnd%
        > ^!Goto end
        >
        > Sezor

      • Sezor
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2011
          Thanks for that Eb - I think we're in agreement.
          Sezor