PDF Tools, was Re: add commas in address string

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 6:52 AM
      After further searching, I did find a good, free, high quality PDF reader from Nuance. Once you have it installed, you
      can send PDF's for conversion at Nuance. I have tried it using my 112 page document, and it performed fantastic! Saved
      the .docx as plain text and it went right into NoteTab to be processed.

      When your pdf is open, you just click the convert pdf button, and the file is sent automatically to their servers. You
      can choose from several formats, including Word and Excel. (And Opendoc). You provide a password and an email address.
      Shortly, you receive an email with a link to your converted document.

      Nuance makes the best OCR product that I'm aware of, and I've tried most of them. They make OmniPage Pro, of course. So,
      if your pdf is not text, but graphics, they can still convert it for you.
      http://www.nuance.com/products/pdf-reader/index.htm

      If you want to convert PDF's offline, they have paid versions of PDF convert as well, so you can do it on your own
      computer. I would expect their servers to perform best, however.