[Clip] Using ^$GetFileFirst

  • Norma Armstrong
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
      How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and insert them in an
      array
      so I can process multiple files? I'm kind of confused on how to go about
      that. I see there's a ^GetFileNext$. Basically I'm working on a clip to
      convert IE Favorites to an html file. I got everything but the actual loop
      to do the work. Any ideas?
      Thanks!
      Norma

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
        Hi Norma,

        >How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and
        >insert them in an array so I can process multiple files?

        Look in Eric's SampleCode or Utilities for the one that makes
        the image html page.

        Also, get my NPM - there is one already done for NS and IE, but
        the IE requires a small freeware app. Link in the clips.

        C ya,
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
          "Norma Armstrong" <narmstr@...> wrote:

          >How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and insert them in an
          >array
          >so I can process multiple files? I'm kind of confused on how to go about
          >that. I see there's a ^GetFileNext$. Basically I'm working on a clip to
          >convert IE Favorites to an html file. I got everything but the actual loop
          >to do the work. Any ideas?

          Something like this: (It is fairly short. The comments make it longer.)

          H="File listing into an Array"

          ;Clear variable before using ^!Append.
          ^!ClearVariable %FileList%

          ;Get first file.
          ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("C:\";"*.*";NAME)$
          ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ Done
          ^!Append %FileList%=""^%ThisFile%""
          ; Outer quotes used by append.
          ; Inner quotes put into variable.

          ;Get remaining files.
          :Loop
          ^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileNext$
          ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ EndLoop
          ^!Append %FileList%=";"^%ThisFile%""
          ; Doubled quotes intentional.
          ^!Goto Loop
          :EndLoop

          ;At this point we do not HAVE to make the list into
          ;an array. This works ok without being an array.
          ;^!Open ^%FileList%

          ;Put into an array
          ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^%FileList%
          ; Putting them into an array puts the count
          ; of the number of files into ^%FileArray0%
          ; The N-th file is in ^%FileArray^%N%%

          ;Diagnostic Output
          ^!Info Items=^%FileArray0%^p^p^%FileArray%

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999

            [Clip code snipped to make message shorter]

            Thanks for the code. It's well appreciated! To save bandwidth a big thanks
            to Jody too! :)

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
              wayne@... (Wayne VanWeerthuizen) wrote:

              >"Norma Armstrong" <narmstr@...> wrote:
              >
              >>How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and insert them in an
              >>array
              >>so I can process multiple files? I'm kind of confused on how to go about
              >>that. I see there's a ^GetFileNext$. Basically I'm working on a clip to
              >>convert IE Favorites to an html file. I got everything but the actual loop
              >>to do the work. Any ideas?
              >
              >Something like this: (It is fairly short. The comments make it longer.)
              >
              >;Get first file.
              >^!Set %ThisFile%=^$GetFileFirst("C:\";"*.*";NAME)$
              >^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%ThisFile%)$ Done

              Last line here should be:

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
                Hi Norma and Eric,

                Eric,

                Sort order is not working in ^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;^%Ext%;^%Sort%)$
                for Type. Name is working; I did not check the others. I checked
                your Image to HTML out to see what I was doing wrong and it no workie
                there either. :(

                >How can I use ^$GetFileFirst to return a list of files and
                >insert them in an array so I can process multiple files?

                Here is another that may give you some ideas.

                H=FileList Checkbox
                ^!ClearVariable %DiskFileList%
                ^!ClearVariable %Nag%
                ^!SetHintInfo Getting Filenames...

                ; One lo...ng line :) Enter your own default path.

                ^!Set %Path%=^?[(T=D)Directory to search=H:\MySites\Sojourner\]; %Ext%=^?[(H=15)File Types==_All Files^=*.*|Images, Html, Midi, and Wav^=*.gif;*.jpg;*.*htm*;*.mid;*.wav|Images and Html Only^=*.gif;*.jpg;*.*htm*|Images Only^=*.gif;*.jpg|Html Only^=*.*htm*|Text only^=*.txt|Midi Only^=*.mid|Wav Only^=*.wav|Zip Files^=*.zip|MS Word Documents^=*.doc|Executables^=*.exe]; %Sort%=^?[Method to sort files=Unsorted|Name|_Type|Date|Size]

                ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;^%Ext%;^%Sort%)$

                :Loop1
                ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Full%)$ CloseFind
                ^!Set %Name%=^%Full%

                ; Take out underscore "=_^%Name%" to have boxes unchecked

                ^!Append %DiskFileList%=_^%Name%|
                ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileNext$
                ^!Goto Loop1

                :CloseFind
                ^!CloseFileFind

                ; Change any of the below for final ouput, adjust
                ; ^!Append %DiskFileList%=^%Name%| above accordingly. Next
                ; line is without an ^!Array ^!^?{(T=A;H=28)==^%DiskFileList%}
                ; and the clip would stop here if used.

                ^!SetArray %FileList%=^?{(T=A;H=28)==^%DiskFileList%}
                ^!Set %List%=^%FileList0%
                ^!Set %n%=0

                ^!SetWizardLabel Opens file with default application
                ; Long line.
                ^!Goto ^?{Yeppers, another nag screen==Prompt for each file^=Loop2|_Open All^=Loop3}

                :Loop2
                ^!Inc %n%
                ^!If ^%n% > ^%List% End
                ^!Skip Open ^%FileList^%n%%
                ^!Goto Loop2
                ^!^%FileList^%n%%
                ^!Goto Loop2

                :Loop3
                ^!Inc %n%
                ^!If ^%n% > ^%List% End
                ^!^%FileList^%n%%
                ^!Goto Loop3

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
                  Hi Norma and Anybody Reading,

                  This should have been as below:

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 1999
                    wayne@... (Wayne VanWeerthuizen) wrote:

                    >H="File listing into an Array"

                    ...lines skipped...

                    >^!Goto Loop
                    >:EndLoop

                    After this point, there really should be a ^!CloseFileFind

                    Bad of me to have forgotten that.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 1999
                      Thanks for the tip I put that in.
                      Norma