[Clip] Re: text lines to BBCode list

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
      Axel Berger wrote:

      > No good reason may be, but it's what usually happens. I select lines by
      > placing the cursor at the left margin and selecting with <Shift><Down>.
      > There may be other ways to select lines, but not, I believe, simpler
      > ones, unless using the mouse which I mostly avoid.

      I believe a sensible no-mouse approach could be to hit the <Left> key once just as soon as you exceede a proper selection after punching your last <Down>.

      If I were to anticipate and compensate for any habitual or accidental imprecision of a user, I'd probably employ a broad set of conditionals rather than just assume and provide for a single flavor of innaccurate input, even if indeed usual. Please consider that your "slight error" correction produces incorrect results from correctly selected data.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
        Alec Burgess wrote:
        > Doesn't that get you where you want to be with only one extra
        > keystroke?

        It would, if it were a problem. For all practical putposes I just
        remember that selecting blocks of complete lines makes the newline at
        the end of the last or single line part of the selection and write my
        clips accordingly. In the one case where I replace the newline by
        semicolon plus space I simply don't select the last line and am happy
        too.

        Thus for me, and I had assumed others, diodeom's clip had to changed in
        that one place.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
          diodeom wrote:
          > If I were to anticipate and compensate for any habitual or
          > accidental imprecision of a user,

          Right you are. I had assumed my way of doing it was the "normal" or
          natural way. If it isn't then my remark won't make much sense to most
          people.