Re: [Clip] Custom functions from clipbar?

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2011
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

      > BTW, I think you meant ^$GetClipBOARD$ not ^$GetClipBAR$ in your overview.

      Yes, I menat clipboard 8=D.

      > This looks interesting but given the amount of coding required I am
      > wondering what is the advantage over using regular clips and a standard
      > naming convention?

      You have a point. But I got to the workaround in a series of steps, from working clips, clipbars, and libraries, that stopped working when I changed libraries in the cipbook. So my workaround became an add-on.

      Using the add-on as needed prevents breaking existing code, that calls UDFs without special workarounds.

      As to your comments about variables losing their value when crossing library boundaries, I'm fairly certain that variables do not retain their value when changing libraries voa far calls (including clipbar calls). I believe I have fooled myself into thinking I could retain a variable value, when in fact the clip restored it's value via a default mechanism (like ^$GetValue(default)$) or via passing a variable as an argument to a clip.

      Cheers,

      Eb