RE: [Clip] What's the path?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2011
      Yes, I saw that, but then I need a token for the filename, which is also unknown. I want to know the path for the current document, whatever its name might be. I do use FocusDoc to make sure the current document is in focus, but GetDocName gets the name and path together. Then I have to strip off the file name and replace it with another one. THAT is what I was trying to avoid.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2011
        I figured it out, it just wasn't clear to me how to do it. The help is of very little value in understanding how GetDocName is supposed to function .

        To get the path without the file name, you use:
        ^!Set %Path%=^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$

        Thanks,
        John